Posted By admin on June 16, 2010
You know you’re a woodworker if/when:
1. You go in to the lumberyard to get a few bf of oak for a project and walk out with your oak, and a mahogany plank, and a purpleheart turning square they had, and a nice looking chunk of basswood you saw, and………..
2. Your wife starts a savings account to build you a new shop just to get the tools, dust and noise out of the basement.
3. Your spouse no longer wants you to go shopping with them at discount stores because you will point out the laminated MDF and bad joinery on all the furniture.
As a matter of fact, there is a picture of you in the employee area of the store that resembles a wanted poster and you will be asked to leave as soon as you walk through the door.
4. Local contractors call to tell you they have scrap lumber that needs to be moved or local home supply saves cut offs in a bin for you . Or if driving down the road you stop at a new house being built not to look at house but to see if any scraps.
5. You get withdrawal symptoms because you haven’t been down to the hardware store for two weeks.