Posted By admin on July 25, 2010
You know you’re a woodworker if/when:
1. You can’t move because you are waiting for an oak tree to be large enough to mill.
2. You have saplings on your property already tagged for a project.
3. You have no problem wearing a plaid shirt, dress shorts with black socks, and sandals to your favorite lumberyard but spend hours agonizing whether that cherry stain will look good on that Maple wood project.
4. You look at a cabinet door in a vacation home and say out loud, “Wow these were made with bookmatched panels!” and your sister-in-law (or anyone) asks you “why on earth do you know that” or what that even “means”.
5. People think you are in a biker gang because all your friends have nicknames like Tick, Splinter, and Scrappy.
6. You bought your wife a micro-rasp for the kitchen, secretly knowing that it would make it’s way into the shop eventually.