Posted By admin on September 21, 2009
You know you’re a woodworker if/when:
1. You spend your last $20.00 on a board just because it’s “purdy”.
2. You are so proud of yourself because you finally found a justifiable use for the “purdy” board you bought.
3. every time you run into a solid wood door it takes you 3 minutes to go through the thing as you check out whether they used quarter sawn or rift sawn lumber, the joinery, did they alternate grains on the glue up, what type of router set they used or did they have a shaper? And in your head you calculated how you could build the same thing, cost and time investment.
4. You love the smell of sawdust in the morning.
5. No matter what you’re wife wants from a store, you say, “don’t buy it, I can make it.”
6. while watching TV you pay more attention to the furniture / molding / cabinets than the show. Always thinking .. I can make that.
7. You’ve got your wife convinced that putting her Diet Coke can on your cast iron tables is grounds for divorce.
8. You look at a tree root that is smaller than a pencil and wonder “What can I do with this?”