Posted By admin on June 11, 2011
You know you’re a woodworker if/when:
1. You borrow 15 of your son-in-law’s old Wood magazines and make up excuses each week to keep them longer.
Still got them!
2. You offer to purchase the neighbors empty lot next to yours because it is filling up with your lumber.
3. Your neighbors buy a pit bull to guard their firewood.
4. You are at a party when a drunk lady asks about your hobbies, you tell her “I run a small woodshop”. Her reply “Oh you make wood” and with a straight face you say “No, wood grows on trees”…this actually happened.
5. You feel weird with pants on that don’t have cargo pockets.
6. You spend the weekend building a ‘clean’ box to house your laptop in the workshop…next year your plans include building an entire micro-office room there so you can do even more in the shop.
7. You ran a computer cable 50’ under 2 concrete slabs to get an internet connection into your garage (and then they invented Wi-Fi).
8. You spend more time on woodworking web sites than a 13 yr old does looking for naked women.