Posted By admin on August 6, 2011
You know you’re a woodworker if/when:
1. You look for estate sales because they might have good old tools for sale.
2. You have to sharpen you favorite chisel even when you have not used it………you just like it shiny.
3. You ask your neighbors and community to keep their scraps of wood waste for you instead of recycling them to the dump or worse…burning them.
4. every time you walk in to someone else’s garage or basement you lay out a shop in your head (the table saw could go here, jointer there, ect).
5. You dream about woodworking and what you could make of what you have.
6. You are sleeping and can’t stop thinking (dreaming) how to close tight that mitter cut you did earlier.
7. You find out a friend of yours has spent the previous day cutting and splitting firewood and you find out that one of the trees was holly – and you COMPLETELY FREAK OUT!
(I managed to find 3 or 4 pieces that had not completely checked. Still have most of them and that was 15+ years ago…)
8. You never completely finish a beverage because you know there’s sawdust in the bottom of your cup.
9. instead of playing poker online in your spare time you peruse this site.
Finally a worthwhile use of computer time.