These sculptures are carved by Michael Il’yaev ( Михаил Ильяев ) from Moscow, Russia.
Michael are Honored Worker of Culture of Russia, the circus and variety artist – an acrobat, a dancer.
Portraits created by Michael Il’yaev are purchased by museums in Russia, the USA and Argentina.
He is a member of the Presidium of the Guild “Wooden craftsmen” of the Moscow Chamber of Crafts.
He has the title “Master craftsman of Moscow”.
He is a honorary member of the Italian society “Open the door to Europe”.
He is a author of books “Having touched a tree with a cutter”, “Lessons of woodcarving”, “Cutters Catalog” and “Thank you Erzya”.
1. You can’t sleep because you know in the morning you will finish your most challenging project yet.
2. at least half the vacation photos are of trees and the wood paneling from the cruse ship.
3. You wake from a dream about building a project and go out to the shop to write down the dream and start pulling the wood, and then go back to bed.
4. You dream about tools, sometimes even daydream.
5. You buy a double wheel grinder to sharpen. Then you buy a slow speed grinder to sharpen. Then you buy glass plates and sticky sandpaper to sharpen. Then you buy Norton waterstones and Veritas jigs to sharpen. Then you buy a WorkSharp 3000 to sharpen. And you don’t feel bad about any of it.