Posted By admin on November 24, 2009
You know you’re a woodworker if/when:
1. You talk the missus into a remodel so that you can redo the bathroom with heated tile floors (moisture proof board warmer), a large steam shower (hermetically sealed lumber steamer), jacuzzi (soaking tub with agitators), and that bidet (low sink)…
2. You run out of room and start storing scraps on the stairway to your shop.
3. You store longer boards (that can’t make it down the stairs) in the front hallway, or in front of the kitchen cabinets “Just for today” which stretches out long enough to collect the “other” kind of dust.
4. even Your wife starts to point out bits of wood in dumpsters.
5. You have built wood racks, to hold approximately 10,000 board feet of walnut, cherry, cedar, red oak, and white oak that you have accumulated and you have logs outside waiting to be sawed into lumber (cypress, cedar, pecan & cherry) and all of a sudden you decide to build small decorative boxes. On top of that, you go online and order sugar pine and maple for your next two boxes.
6. You suffer a MAJOR panic attack when your wife calls you at work and says, “Don’t bother getting kindling for the fireplace, I found some in your shop”.
7. You can’t figure out why the neighbor lady slapped you.
All you said was, ”boy howdy, what I could do with that big Ash of yours.”